Comment Wall

Comments

  1. Hi Ethan!
    I'm excited to read your stories about Krishna. I think the perspective that you're using will really help the reader relate and dive deeper into the stories. Your wording really helps to create an idea of Krisha's personality and how the stories will play out, being that Krishna seems to be a mischievous being.
    One thing that I might add would be a picture to introduce Krishna to the audience by way of sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ethan,
    You have a really great idea going. I love that you are writing about Krishna because I will for sure learn more about him. He had a very interesting childhood from what I already know about him. I can not wait to read your stories that you come up with when you write about him. He is surely a very interesting character.I like that you have given a roadmap to the stories you will be writing because now the readers know what to expect and can really get excited like I am currently. Now I know what I am really looking forward too. Also this is a good way for readers to know which part of the story they want to read as well. I really like the idea of reading from different perspectives in your storybook. I hope you have fun writing about Krishna as I had fun reading about your idea that you are going to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ethan! I visited your storybook project website and gave it a look through. I like the design and layout, specifically the website image and the introduction banner you used. They really stood out and looked great! I read through your introduction as well, and I think you did a great job overall. I liked how you used a couple images throughout the introduction depicting Krishna in different stories. I also liked how you referenced Krishna’s very multifaceted life – it made me interested to see what different stories of Krishna you’ll put in your storybook. I also didn’t know that he had so many different roles or so many different stories about him, so that was cool to find out! I’m kind of interested as to why you choose him to write your storybook over. I figured most people would reference the Ramayana or the Mahabharata since that’s what we’ve gone over so far, and Krishna hasn’t really made an appearance in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ethan,

    I am really interested in your storybook. I actually had some ideas to start a storybook over Krishna as well! I was thinking about doing my storybook over a music theme and Krishna happened to be a musical god! I look forward to reading your stories. I saw that you were also thinking about ending your storybook with a "thunder god". I would love to see how all this plays out and your creativity with these stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ethan,
    I really enjoyed your introduction. It was very playful, which was intriguing. You have already done a good job of developing Krishna's character and the stories haven't even begun! I also liked how you added a couple of pictures; they helped me visualize Krishna and added to his character development. It was also thought provoking how you described Krishna's experience of the stories. He is telling all the stories I assume, which is a good way to tie the stories together. However, he is also experiencing the stories as he tells them. Anyway, the way you broke down the walls of time separating the storyteller and listeners from the events was a good way to set the stage for the rest of the stories. Why does Krishna feel the need to tell these stories about himself? Is he just sharing for the sake of sharing or is there a deeper reason? This might add some dimensions to the premise that could be interesting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ethan!
    I’m looking forward to reading your stories about Krishna. I really like the design and layout of your story book and website! I read through the introduction to Krishna and it look very good! The pictures you had added really helped me visualize the characters that will be in the different stories. I appreciate the way you have the bibliography set up, it is very organized and neat! The story I am probably looking forward to the most is probably Krishna Dances on Kaliya. This is because there is a sense of danger when killing the malevolent demon. I think this will make it a great story to read. I find it interesting and kind of weird that Krishna tells all of his stories about himself, but it should make for a very interesting story book that I look forward to reading and follow its progression throughout the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ethan! I love Krishna's personality in your introduction. It really comes out in a vibrant and entertaining way. It is a beautiful use of first-person point-of-view by having Krishna narrate the stories. I don't know if you plan on beginning at his birth, but that could be something to include in the introduction - just stating who his parents are, the significance of having these people as his parents (like if they are kings or farmers), and things like that to situate a reader more deeply into the epic with background information. It just lets the reader understand circumstances and the surroundings of the character, and all these things influence how the character is perceived. I really love the images you used, but it is a little choppy the way that they cut off the text. I don't know if there is a better way to arrange it or if you are more than happy with the way it is now (totally your call) but if there was a way to place the images side-by-side or at least not interrupting the flow of the text so much, I think that could be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ethan! I really like how you are able to take a divine character such as Krishna and give him a more relaxed vibe while still giving us the information and context that we need to understand how important he is to the story. I think you do a good job of setting up an intimate connection between Krishna and the reader. One thing that I am very curious about is why the Lord Vishnu continuously reincarnates as different avatars. Is it in a time of peril? How do the Avatars differ from one another? Is it an infinite loop? I think it would be interesting to understand the entirety of this process and what exactly is the bright line for a new avatar to be borne. We've had the chance to learn a little about Vishnu through the Ramayana, and I think it would be interesting if you expanded upon Shiva or Brahma as well. Overall, this was a great read, and I really like how you establish the characters with the context!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ethan! I like that your stories start off with the birth of Krishna - both the story of his birth and the birth of him as a character. His development is really humorous and casual, which isn't what you usually think of when you talk about a God. I think it helps a reader connect, but I am almost unsure if it is too casual - that may just be my own personal opinion though, so if you like, the story is all the better for it! The reader quickly gets the sense the Krishna has had many adventures in his lifetime during the introduction.

    Something that confused me was during the first story when you say "It down there". I think you mean the first picture, which shows up above the text. That made things a little confusing, which is a problem with using the word "it". I think it's fine to use if you can make things a little clearer.

    The text also relies heavily on pictures, interacting with the images in a way that would be really suitable for a video. Do you normally work like that? I think it is interesting, because I add pictures to my text for decoration or clarity, to show what my writing means. I like that you are using the images as a substitute for text, although I would like more of Krishna's voice. It is a really dominant voice and I feel like I begin to miss it as you focus a little bit more on the images. While the images do a good job of pointing out other characters and place, I think it could be beneficial to give the text itself a role other than just the helpers to the images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ethan!

    I just looked at your story book website for the first time, and it is so cool! The images you choose for every page are stunning. Especially the home page image of Krishna's true form. I am impressed with how both the introduction and the Duty calls are written in the first person. I feel like I am listening to his thoughts and feelings. You did a really good job. I am so glad that you included the fact that Krishna liked to steal and eat butter as a kid. That was one of my favorite things when I read "Krishna, The Defender of Dharma." Your story Duty Calls is just as good. I like that you incorporate the images into the story. It feels like I am taking a trip down memory lane with him. Overall, you are doing a great job, and I look forward to reading your next story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ethan!

    I just read your introduction and I enjoyed it! I like how Krishna is narrating the story. It makes it feel more personal. Also, I like how lighthearted the story feels. Like I said about it being personal, it feel like we're reading from Krishna's diary or he's telling his friends a story. And that bit about the butter, does Krishna really like butter? Or is that something that you just threw in? Either way, interesting detail that I never would have imagined. Your graphics are awesome and your page is easy to navigate! I don't know anything about Krishna and I'm a excited to learn something from your stories!

    ReplyDelete

  12. Hey Ethan, I just want to start off by saying that I totally loved your story! The creativity and imagination that was integrated with your writing was superb! I can see you put a lot of hard work and time into your story! Keep it up! I liked your use of dialogue. It really brought the characters to life. I was able to relate even more with the characters and get into their minds. I also would like to comment on your web site page! I have to say it looks really great! Comparing mine to yours, I want to put more work into mine! I was able to easily navigate through the web page, which was very nice. However, I look forward to reading more of your stories! Good luck with the rest of your semester! It is coming close to an end! Also, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ethan! Dude, your storybook looks amazing by far. I could even tell by a single glance! I especially love your home page. It was great to feel connected with your home page title and the background image because that was the main point! To capture the reader’s attention which you did an excellent job at. Your introduction also said a lot too. It gave me enough information to learn more about your storybook and how you will be creating your stories as well! Therefore, you did an excellent job at that. Your stories are amazing. You were the first so far that I have seen more than one picture in your stories which makes sense! You are creating a storybook that needs to include pictures for the readers to grasp their knowledge! Overall, I am glad that I have stumbled upon your storybook, Ethan. You have done an excellent job. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Ethan! I just went through your storybook project website and I want to say it looks amazing! I love the banner image you have for your home page. Your introduction was also very good! I like that you wrote in Krishna's POV. The introduction really gives the readers an insight into what we should expect out of your storybook. Also, I love your writing style! You use modern language that we can all connect with while still keeping that otherworldly feel to it with phrases like "welcome to my abode." You know no one really says "welcome to my abode" nowadays. Your stories are lighthearted and that's what makes them fun to read. In both of the Krishna Kills stories, I like that in the beginning Krishna is still narrating but then it switches to like a script of what's going on between Putana and Devaki, and Kaliya and Krishna. I thought that was really interesting, and a great way to switch up writing styles! Keep up the good work, Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Ethan!
    Your Introduction is great! It was intense, yet it let some tension loose with the comedy. You set up Krishna's introduction really well and I had a good grasp of what personality I should expect! I like how the pictures were acknowledged by Krishna. It added to the idea that he is telling the story but also that we can see the visuals that he is describing. I liked how he is telling the stories but at the same time he is "living" the stories. They aren't just a part of his past or no longer part of his life. I liked the feeling that he is living them on a continual basis and is excited to share them with us! The excitement was a nice touch to Krishna's personality and it added excitement to the rest of the stories as well. Overall, I enjoyed the stories and the images too! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ethan! I want to begin by saying that your site looks awesome! the pictures you have used immediately made me interested into the stories you had to tell. By starting out and reading the introduction i was amazed by the way you made Krishna's personality come to life. I was immediately hooked after reading the introduction. i really enjoyed how you gave Krishna's background, that was information i had not known previously. you rally make their personality come to life by the way you write your stories. it was nice how you explained how krishna's life works and how their time works throughout eternity. I feel like through your stories and your website i learned a lot more about Krishna and where he came from! awesome job, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Ethan!
    I'm glad that I was able to come back and see what type of stories you have come up with! I knew that they would be interesting and I was not wrong! The writing voice that you used was really great at giving Krishna's perspective to the reader. Additionally, the background that you gave was an awesome idea to get the readers spun up on what was happening and why.
    I also really enjoyed the images that you chose as well as the drop down menu for the tab "the Divine Child". The two story options that you had available was an awesome way to indicate that because of his divinity these two stories and deaths happened.
    Anyway, awesome stories and I can't wait to come back and read what else you write before this semester is over! I just know that the next stories will be nothing but amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ethan! I am actually from mythology and folklore, so this story is completely new and fresh to me. It was super interesting. To start the layout looks great! It's very clean and easy to read. The stories were also very well done. It was very intense, but I thought it kept it entertaining. I like how you laid out the pictures as well. They weren't disruptive, and actually made the story flow really well too. I thought you provided a good about of detail, and it allowed someone who isn't familiar with the original story (like me) to be able to follow along. Overall, amazing job! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Ethan!
    I still love that great introduction! All of your stories are intense but yet they give relief with the comedy. I like how the pictures were acknowledged by Krishna but then he erased memory so they are no longer there. Good job with that part! I liked how he is telling the stories and gets so excited to explain certain parts to the listeners. Also, I liked how he tells the stories in such powerful ways that the listeners are affected so much emotionally and he has to calm them. The stories aren't just a part of his past or no longer part of his life and he shows that by living them through telling them! The excitement was a nice touch to Krishna's personality and it added excitement to the rest of the stories as well. Overall, I enjoyed the stories and the images too! Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Kahn Introduction

Week 2 Story: "The Buddha: Teacher of Gods and Men"